Master class with Yo-Yo Ma in Jordan Hall, New England Conservatory of Music, 2016.
- The world’s most celebrated cellist, Yo-Yo Ma, teaches the Elgar Concerto with a great mix of humor and wisdom.
- It’s a concerto but you are not by yourself. Make music with others -the orchestra, the piano. Know their music, and listen to the whole sound for inspiration.
- Storytelling can clarify and strengthen your conception of what you want to say.
- Believe unequivocally in what you feel and give everything you have to communicate it.
- Humor, intensity, drama, needs surprise. Exploiting the unexpected, the unprepared, strengthens your personality and holds your audience.