|Country:||United States of America (USA)|
|Company:||Texas Tech University School of Music|
|Posted Date:||Mar 12, 2019|
Texas Tech University School of Music
J.T. & Margaret Talkington College of Visual & Performing Arts
The School of Music and the cello studio are proud to announce a Research Assistant position at the DMA or PhD level. This is a newly approved position. The term will be three years.
* Must be at the Doctoral level and hold the appropriate Masters degree
* Residency in Lubbock, TX for the duration of the RA appointment
* Audition and be accepted as a DMA or PhD cellist
* Apply for and be accepted to the Texas Tech University Graduate School
* Possess an interest in researching composers, publishers, articles, and recordings
* Possess a high level of skill with technology, specifically Finale (willingness to learn)
* Maintain all academic and performance requirements of a DMA or PhD program
* Research, translate, scan, photocopy, data entry, manage interlibrary loans, proof read.
* Highly organized and motivated
* Hard working, punctual, motivated, and responsible.
* Knowledge of and ability to decipher and understand piano writing
In 2016, I published my edition of the Six Suites for Solo Cello by Bach. This edition was published by BCMP Ltd and has sold very well around the world. This Bach edition has brought notoriety and positive attention to Texas Tech, a Tier 1 research institution. The RA and I will be working on additional editions for publication. These editions will include short works for cello and piano, sonatas and at least five concerti. Manuscripts, historical editions and recordings, and program notes and writings, will be gathered to aid in the editing.
The Research Assistantship comes with a US $12,500 stipend and considerable tuition and fee waivers. More specific financial details of the RA are available by contacting Dr. Peter Martens or Mrs. Emily Gifford. The RA position begins in August of 2019. Peter.Martens@ttu.edu, Emily.Gifford@ttu.edu